Read By Mail Program
If you are unable to download files from BrailleAudio, or you will have great difficulty doing so, you may enroll in our Read By Mail Program.
How to Enroll
If you check the "enroll in our read by mail program" checkbox during step 1 of the BrailleAudio registration process, you will be automatically enrolled in our Read By Mail Program. If you leave the "enroll in our read by mail program" checkbox unchecked, you will not be enrolled in our Read By Mail Program.
The "enroll in our read by mail program" checkbox is also present on the Update Your Information form, with the same functionality as described above.
By checking the "enroll in our read by mail program" checkbox on either form, you agree to the following Terms of Service:1. As a Read By Mail Program enrollee, you will receive an NLS cartridge once each quarter (January, April, July, and October) containing books and/or other material available in the BrailleAudio catalog. All Read By Mail Program enrollees will receive the same material with each mailing.
2. Your cartridge remains the property of Spoken Word Ministries, Inc., BrailleAudio, and is being provided to you on a loan basis.
3. Your cartridge will be mailed to you at a set time each quarter, regardless of when you return it. If we do not receive your cartridge in time for the current mailing, we will include it in the next mailing; in other words, catch-up mailings will not occur.
4. Please let us know if you lose or damage your cartridge, and we will provide a one-time replacement at no charge. Repeated instances of lost or damaged cartridges may result in BrailleAudio opting to cease sending material to you. BrailleAudio staff and volunteers will seek to resolve these situations on a case by case basis.
5. You may copy files from your cartridge, but your cartridge is password protected so that you cannot modify its contents.
6. If you acquire the ability to download files from BrailleAudio, we strongly encourage you to unenroll from the Read By Mail Program, thus providing a space for someone else.
7. Please let us know as soon as possible if any of your contact information, email address, phone number, and in particular, your mailing address, changes.
8. The Terms of Service for the Read By Mail Program are subject to change without notice, with one significant exception; at least 30 days notice will be provided if a fee should ever be required to enroll in the Program. No fee to benefit from our Read By Mail Program is anticipated at this time, and for the foreseeable future, however, donations to support the Program are needed and very much appreciated.
Please close this window to return to the registration process.